Happy Teachers’ Day to all the hardworking and dedicated teachers out there! Today is your day, it’s that special day of the year dedicated to celebrating you (teachers) and your invaluable contributions to society.
Teachers are the backbone of every society, after all, most of us have a story or two about teachers who have made a profound impact on our lives, shaping who we are and the paths we choose to follow.
Some teachers are like shepherds, always guiding, protecting and watching over their students.
These dedicated educators are the unsung heroes of our communities, working tirelessly to impart knowledge and inspire the next generation of leaders.
Author Guy Kawaski once said, “If you have to put someone on a pedestal, put teachers. They are society’s heroes.”
So, in celebrating Teachers’ Day, let’s take a moment to reflect on the vital role teachers play in our communities and the lives of our children.
There is no doubt that the influence of a great teacher extends far beyond the boundaries of the classroom.
They provide the foundation for children’s intellectual growth and emotional well-being, often becoming mothers and fathers away from home.
As seen in recent times, teachers face countless challenges every day, including limited resources, crowded classrooms, indiscipline and a rapidly changing world.
Yet, they remain steadfast in their commitment to create a brighter future for each and every student, through mentorship and guidance.
Let’s show some appreciation to all teachers, as they celebrate their special day! Here are six quotes to show just how important teachers are!
- “A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning.” Brad Henry
2. “One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child.” Carl Jung
3. “A good teacher isn’t someone who gives the answers out to their kids but is understanding of needs and challenges and gives tools to help other people succeed.” Justin Trudeau
4. “Teachers, I believe, are the most responsible and important members of society because their professional efforts affect the fate of the earth.” Helen Caldicott
5. “Teachers can change lives with just the right mix of chalk and challenges.” Joyce Meyer
“A true teacher is someone who silences the doubts by igniting the abilities you often forget exist within.” Mikala N Johnson