Now that it’s the holiday season, that means school’s out and kids are in the house.
Every parent knows what that means. It’s up to them to find fun and exciting ways to make memories with their children.
Our Today knows this can be a struggle, so here’s a way to make this happen while satisfying everyone’s sweet tooth with tasty Christmas recipes you can try today with your young ones.
1. Let’s get whimsical with these Santa Claus cookies.
Prep time: 40 min Serving: 40 cookies
● 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
● 1 package (1 pound) Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
● Red-coloured sugar
● 32 vanilla or white chips
● 64 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
● 32 Red Hots candies
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate at 70 per cent power for one minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on wire racks. For Santa’s hat, sprinkle red sugar on top of chocolate. Press one vanilla chip off-center on the hat for pompom; let stand until set.
- Dip other end of each cookie into melted chocolate for beard, leaving the centre of the cookie uncovered. Place on wire racks. With a dab of melted chocolate, attach semi-sweet chips for eyes and a Red Hot for nose. Place on waxed paper until set. Now enjoy!
2. Is it really the Christmas season without hot chocolate? Lets keep warm with this Fluffy hot chocolate recipe.
Prep: 15 mins Serving: 4
● 8 teaspoons sugar
● 4 teaspoons baking cocoa
● 4 cups 2% milk
● 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
● 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine the first four ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until marshmallows are melted, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Ladle into mugs.
3. Make sure you have paper towels ready cause things are about to get really sticky with these gooey ornament popcorn balls.
Prep: 30 mins Serving: 12
● 10 cups popped popcorn
● 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
● 1/4 cup butter, cubed
● 1/4 teaspoon salt
● Optional: Candy canes, black pearl sprinkles, orange licorice pastels and white Smarties
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows, butter and salt. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Pour over popcorn; mix well. Cool slightly.
- With greased hands, shape mixture into 12 popcorn balls, about 3/4 cup each. Place on waxed paper. Decorate as desired; let stand until set.
With these three delectable treats we’re sure you will make fun memories with your children this holiday season.
– Happy Holidays from the Our Today family to yours.