Business
BDS | Jan 25, 2023

MD departs Proven’s Barbados subsidiary, Roberts Manufacturing

/ Our Today

administrator
Reading Time: < 1 minute
Jason Sambrano, outgoing managing director of Roberts Manufacturing.

The managing director of Jamaican investment group Proven’s Barbados subsidiary company, Roberts Manufacturing, is leaving.

According to Proven, Jason Sambrano will be demitting office, effective January 31, to pursue other interests.

“Interim measures for the continued leadership and operational oversight of the business will be implemented during the transition period.”

Proven

The group said the process of recruiting a new managing director was under way and that the intention was to fill the position by April 2023.

“Interim measures for the continued leadership and operational oversight of the business will be implemented during the transition period,” Proven said.

The group stated that Roberts continues to be one of the top manufacturing entities in Barbados with a footprint spanning more than 15 territories, and that the company ranks among the top five exporters and earners of foreign exchange on the island.

Proven owns 50.5 per cent shareholding of Roberts Manufacturing Company with the Ansa McAl Group, owning the other 49.5 per cent of Roberts.

In the meantime, the Board of Directors of Roberts Manufacturing thanked Sambrano for his stewardship and the contribution he has made to the company over the years.

Comments

What To Read Next